From World Soccer
Luis Suárez was damaging the reputation of the Premier League, according to the league’s chief executive Richard Scudamore.
Uruguay forward Luis Suarez reacts after clashing with Italy’s defender Giorgio Chiellini during a Group D football match between Italy and Uruguay at the Dunas Arena in Natal during the 2014 FIFA World Cup on June 24, 2014. Uruguay won 1-0. AFP PHOTO / DANIEL GARCIA (Photo credit should read DANIEL GARCIA/AFP/Getty Images)

Scudamore admitted he was not sorry to see Suárez join Barcelona, and praised Liverpool for extracting £75m for the controversial striker.
The Uruguayan was handed a four-month ban from all football-related activity after biting the Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini in Brazil, and will find out the result of his appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Thursday.
Scudamore said the Premier League will miss Suarez the footballer, but he is relieved to be rid of a person he describes as “an accident waiting t happen”.
“I think probably the time had come,” said Scudamore. “He’s a great player and I’m not taking anything away from his talents: he was voted by both his own players and the media last year the player of the year and deservedly so.
“He’s great to have but an accident waiting to happen, and if you spend your time trying to promote what’s good about the Premier League, you’re always waiting for the next thing to come along.
“And this one in the summer, although it was with Uruguay, although it didn’t directly involve the Premier League, clearly it reflected on Liverpool as one of our great clubs. And it reflected on us.
“He’s done his time here, but I can’t say I’m sorry to see him go. I think it was good business on a number of levels from Liverpool to move Suárez on.”
Read the full story from World Soccer.















































































